The 2nd event of the Ashford Orbital Southeast Golf Tour & 50+ Golf Tour will be held at Royal Ashdown Forest Old Course, on Friday 19th March 2021. Founded in 1888, Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club is a traditional members’ golf club set in the heart of the Ashdown Forest. One of the things that golf lovers most appreciate about playing here is that so little has changed over the club’s 130 year history. Heather, humps, hollows, pools and streams remain nature’s defence against shooting a low score.
The stunning heathland layout of the Old Course is currently (2017) rated by Golf World as 31st in its top 100 courses in England. Describing Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club’s Old Course in 1934, Bernard Darwin wrote “two salient facts come to mind. It is not quite like any other of my acquaintance, and secondly, I never knew anyone who played on it and was not fond of it.”
- Tee off from 10.30am
- Coffee/Tea & Bacon Roll
- 2 x 18 Hole Stableford – SEGT & 50+GT
- 3 Balls
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st Place & Runner Up in each Competition.
- Nearest Pins (payable extra)
- Order of Merit Points to be awarded in Order of Placings
- Handicap Qualifying
- All players must hold a CONGU active handicap
- Note – Maximum Entry Handicap is 28. By entering this event competitors agree to the Rules, Terms & Conditions set out by Golf Events Ltd.